DIG vows to quit if found guilty of irregularity

Kathmandu,

 Chief of the Metropolitan Traffic Police Division (MTPD), DIG Ganesh Raj Rai, has announced that he would resign from the post if he was found guilty of irregularity while conducting service.
In a press conference organised in the Capital on Wednesday, Rai claimed there has not been instance of irregularity in the Division and the police posts under the MTPD.
DIG Rai claimed there was conspiracy against him. “I am the person who has been working even on weekdays for the last eight month since he assumed the post of MTPD chief,” he added. “This conspiracy was plotted while I took a
week’s leave in order to take my father to India for his cancer treatment.”
He further said the collection of three times more revenue during his tenure is enough to nullify the allegation of irregularity.
Rai went on to say that the Department of Transportation Management (DTM) charges fine over Rs 200 in which the traffic police do not have any role.
He said it is ridiculous to blame Traffic Police for using duplicate bill as the DTM itself issues the receipt bill in case of incidents of drunk driving.
Moreover, DIG Rai claimed he does not even have a house in Kathmandu and leads a simple life. Attributing his father for inspiring to join the police service, he said: “some of my junior colleagues have bungalow in Kathmandu, and I am residing in a rented apartment at my relative’s house. If I have collected illicit money, why would I have to live in a rented house?”.

No comments:

Post a Comment